Why is it you have days when the planets seemed to be perfectly in alignment, and life is good.Then others, it's like someone on-high has glued a crap-magnet to your back?
Today, for a change, proved one of the former.
- My drive to the placement took a relatively breezy 1/2-hour. Not a single tractor on the road! Marvellous! We should pass national legislation to ban agricultural machinery on the roads during rush-hour. It works.
- The last day of the placement was also quite involving. Having chewed policy like cows chew grass all week, they actually let me talk to one of the individuals in the care home. By then I had a through knowledge of processes and policy, but I had no idea how one of these kids felt about the place, and the system, not least and more intriguingly, what they honestly thought about the police. So that was an insight.
- Got back home to find a card from the Post Office saying they couldn't deliver something. Rushed to the local branch and understood why. I'd complained to Ikea that one of these I bought the other day had a stain on the fabric when I unpacked it. I was expecting a new cover, instead they sent me a completely footstool! So now I can wash the cover on the other one, and I have two! See, complaining works! (I know, having worked in retail for a while...)
- My landlord is letting me install a water meter, wohoo! I mean £212 Anglian Water wanted to charge from 31st July through 31st March. That's criminal!
- Amongst the usual crap in my E-Mail, there's an offer from British Airways. Gatwick - Marrakech for £56! Wow! I'd already been thinking for somewhere to go for my week off in October. Now I'm sorely tempted indeed. Being a hosteller at heart, I travel light and with no frills. Africa for peanuts? T e m p t i n g ! (Sod's Law says it'll be booked full when I try, but still, it's nice to have options).
- Looked out in the garden a few minutes ago, and this flower must have just blossomed today (see below). I'm not really a gardener, I was impressed, but have absolutely no idea what it is.
- And finally... I got paid today!!