Monday, November 27, 2006

Work & few pleasures

My parents dropped by again on another flying visit yesterday, car and trailer full of goodies towed over from my auntie's place in Leeds.

As luck would have it since I've moved into this place a few of my relatives have decided to have clearouts and starting decking their places out like shiny MFI showrooms. Spare furniture has been donated to yours truly, which is absolutely fine by me. Besides, I think older second-hand stuff actually gives a place atmosphere, rather than the sterility of something right out of an advertising catalogue.

So I now have a bigger bed and a lovely solid new coffee table. As chance would have it those are just a two of my favourite things; beds and coffee. Good stuff.

Parents has also brought over the biggest Sheppard's Pie known to man and left a good half of it in my fridge, which will last me a few meals. Utterly delightful to come home to in an evening and only have to microwave for a few minutes.

Nothing particularly important to report from the weekend otherwise. A mixture of work and few pleasures. I'm still buckling under the weight of study pressure and expectation. But all I can do is try.

Joy, though - the new Faithless album came out today.

Simple pleasures indeed.

3 comments:

Roses said...

Freebies! I love freebies. And old furniture. New stuff is just pants. The new furniture I've got here I loathe and detest because it's just sooooo crap.

Keep on truckin hon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Just Try and Breathe through the work- that's what I do with massive deadlines and grades.
Thanks again for the other night- I owe you yet another one. Think I might have found a solutuion that might work in both of our stress issues.
Call me.

your favorite Yank

Roses said...

See - now I'm jealous. You have people who say 'call me' on your blog and they're anonymous, so loads of mystery.

*sigh*

I'll just make myself another cup of tea...my life is just soooo exciting!

;-)