Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Drive

I've just found out I can incorporate watching BBC1's Traffic Cops into revision on an evening.

"One more word out of you mate and I'll have you under Section 5 of the Public Order Act."

I actually have an idea what he meant by that as well.

Damn sight more interesting than starting at another Powerpoint print out anyway.

Talking about traffic, there'll be plenty of it over the weekend. Friends of mine are getting married at the weekend in the spectacularly inconvenient location of Plymouth, and there doesn't seem to be any other option but to drive. Car sharing isn't an option, and last-minute train ticket would cost a small fortune.

Hopefully if we get away early on Friday, and I can negotiate to have the sofa overnight at my brother's (near Reading), then I shouldn't arrive half-dead at the wedding.

Not much else to report otherwise. Bit all over the region at different stations doing different elements of training.

Same shit, different sector.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

spooky - I saw that programme too and when the cop shouted that at the little git - I thought of you and all your revision!

Dianne said...

Plymouth! How inconvenient to have a wedding such a long way away, lol.

I laughed at the last 3 sentences and thought

"well, that's just not good enough"

Imagined you saying that to your boss about a morning stake-out you were reporting back on.

Do you actually do stake-out's, or have i been watching too much Hollywood?