Monday, May 29, 2006

A wonderful little bombshell

Great evening with friends. Evening drinks and a nice meal, rounding off a generally relaxed Bank Holiday weekend.

So we're all sat around chatting away before the meandering conversation of the evening is shattered by one of our groups' stunning revelation.

She's pregnant!

Unbelievable. We sat around slack-jawed for several seconds before the women present went hypersonic, diving at each other in a flurry of hugs and shrieks. The lads broke into a round of handshakes, back patting and finally, some manly hugging.

As I wrote a few weeks back - it's poignant to see your friends get married, but equally so when they break such wonderful news. Turns out she'd sat on it for over a week whilst hanging out with us individually, waiting for an occasion to gather us all together, sit back and see our faces.

Boy, did she get her monies' worth.

Other event of the day?

I've started running again.

Ouch. I can feel the aches already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just started running again also, mainly to improve my cv fitness.

Decent running shoes are a must, as i found when i sprained the underside of my foot quite badly. I now run on Nike Air which i have found to do the job.

I hope i soon reach a place where i am used to the sore joints!

Northerner said...

Yeah I'm running on a pair of well-loved NA's too. Definitely felt the aches again today, though if I remember last time I got into shape (for a PT test last year) the soreness does fade once you start to get back into the groove.

Going to ease in my running every-other day then take it from there...

Good luck with your running too!