Sunday, May 21, 2006

Here comes the rain again

What else is there to do on a rainy weekend but baton down the hatches, put an extra layer on and download, read and watch stuff with a steaming pot of tea by your side?

May venture outside this evening. As far as the car, and then the cinema. The Da Vinci Code is out now, and I'm pretty sure it'll still be raining tonight. That's my excuse.

I just downloaded the trailer for Superman Returns and I'll be damned if I don't feel like an excitable twelve year-old again. Yes, some say I act like that all the time, but if you ask me it's probably part of my boyish charm. Christopher Reeve is irreplaceable, but with Bryan Singer directing, the magic's still there. As for Kevin Spacey, he looks like he's having a ball.

As previously mused upon, I'm filling up a few dates in the summer so that I've got something to work towards amidst the unclear career-jump situation.

Got tickets to see David Gray at the Hull arena in June, and I'm currently in the process of swaying a friend to get tickets for the Red Hot Chili Peppers in July.

Also sat down with a calendar just now, my current work shifts and the World Cup fixture list to see what shifts I may have to swap in order to see the England games. Hmmm, I may well have to beg, steal or borrow... Or just plain bribe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok you HAVE to do ANYTHING to see the England game guy...hek i will even ring up for ya to the boss, haha not that they will believe me. You and 90% of the country!!!

Why dont they just close the dam shops on that day. We are not nearley as patriotic as we should be in this country.

Hmm comment moderation stopeth spam i see. Kool