Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Limbo

Well this is great.

How to start a prospective trainee Police Constable off with low morale.

Rang the recruitment department this morning.

They still have no idea of a potential start date.

Recruitment hasn't heard anything from training, and training hasn't heard anything from the Police Chiefs.

What I did get out of the polite but clearly frustrated recruitment lady who dealt with my enquiry was that I'll get at least 4-6 weeks notice when they do eventually decide to run the next training course. The only glimmer reassurance this gives me is that I will be able to plan a few things at least for the start of this summer. Seeing a few gigs, visiting a few friends. I've got to do something to keep me going.

It's been fifteen months since I first submitted my application, this is ridiculous.

Strange isn't it, that if you wish to fight for your country you can be recruited, trained and serving abroad within six months.

Yet if you wish to protect people and property at home, you have to wait almost a year-and-a-half.

No comments: