Saturday, May 13, 2006

Self-absorbed post

Let me know when this week is over.

You'll have to excuse the foul mood, but do you ever seem to have those run of days where minor things get in your way, pile up and begin to snowball, making you think that the universe is stacked and dealt against you, and only you?

I can ream off a list as long as my arm of things that are pissing me off right now.

Here's five:
  1. Due to roadworks in a spectacularly awkward location, my daily commute has gone from a swift 40 minutes, to almost 90 at it's worst.
  2. Conversations with the boss today; an endless steam of buzzword bollocks and figures. (Felt close to grabbing him by the throat and screaming that I just don't care)
  3. The realisation that everyone's moving on (in so many metaphorical ways), but me.
  4. Play.com have gone and lost an order I sent to my brother.
  5. The endless wait to begin my new career. Still.
Of course in the grand scheme of things compared to homelessness, poverty and conflict I'm the first to hold my hands up and admit that these problems are utterly trivial. However, one's own problems always seem the worst when one only has one's self for company.

Besides, I only make jokes to distract myself from the truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.