Monday, August 14, 2006

Reverse Cheers

Although work is going well, and the general feeling is that of wind in my sails, still something's missing.

This house, lovely as it is, feels a little empty.

Much as I toy with the idea with buying a pet, I've got to think responsibly here. Early next year my work schedule becomes as predictable as roulette, and any time off I have coming I plan my escape abroad for a few days.

Come to think of it, I have time off in October. If I'm feeling lonely here, I may as well loose myself where nobody knows my name.

Now, I've only got to decide where.

4 comments:

Inspector Monkfish said...

Your house looks an awful lot like ours... Only with a bigger garden!

Hmm. Have you considered...

A goat.

It would be some animal company around the place, with the added bonus of your not needing to worry about cutting the grass! So, hopefully it could keep itself amused while you were away, too!

Northerner said...

Ha hah! Good point! I had real trouble of the weekend timing the cutting of the grass inbetween the frequent rainshowers!

Anonymous said...

ahem ahem

Northerner said...

Ahem? What do you mean? Granted you suggested the pet thing, I was just thinking out loud on that subject.