Sunday, August 26, 2007

Neglect

To all those regular readers, lurkers and those with passing interest...

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I haven't given my blog much material of late.

Thing is, I'm really feeling the strain at work again.

At times, I've felt close to breaking point.

And I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had thoughts about jacking the whole thing in.

Coming home after 10, 11 sometimes 14-hour shifts (often without a formal break), the last thing I want to do is pour my mind out here when I'm at my most tired and cynical.

And what is straining me, is that after the long shifts, out-of-hours I'm expected to work on my training portfolio which goes towards me passing my two-year probation. That I have had trouble with, because at home, or on my days off... I'm simply too tired. However, there's no two ways about it, and if I deep down want the job in the end I'm going to have to do the work, simple as that. Them's the breaks and that's the way it's always been.

So I'm sorry that the joire-de-vivre has gone from these pages of late. Hopefully this is just a brief break in transmission and I'll get my mojo back soon enough.

Just give me a little time.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing; I respect anyone who has to cope with work stress, both in and out of work.

It shouldn't be this way, should it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling and I'm sending positive vibes your way.

I know its tough at the moment, but please don't give up - you've worked so hard to get where you are now and I'm sure it won't always be this hectic!

Inspector Monkfish said...

I've still never doubted you, Ing.

A lot of work it might be, but I suspect it is still probably what you want to do in your heart.

And there is absolutely no need to apologise for it. You do whatever you need to do to get you through it.

Britswitch said...

Bets of luck with it i know how hard it is to achieve something when you don't have the zip to go through with it.
Fingers crossed, best of luck.

Mousie said...

Hang in there.

Make the most of what little time you do get - be kind to yourself and try to recharge a bit.

Hot baths, cold beers, good books, that sort of thing.

Don't worry about us, we'll still be here when you get back!

Roses said...

Many hugs sweetheart. It's difficult to know what to say, since I'm an ocean away at the moment.

But it won't be long before Boy and I can distract you with chilli, Halo 2 and cold feet!

Carlito86 said...

Don't apologise - most blogs we come across and read have the moments where they dont post for a while, for whatever reason it may be. De-stress, like mousie said, we will be here when you get back!

Hugs xx

Northerner said...

Thanks all. I respect absolutely anyone who works hard all day at what they do. I'm just having trouble with the work/life seperation at the moment.

Thanks for listening...

Again!

Anonymous said...

you're right it shouldn't be this way, but sometimes unfortunately it is...

At least you recognise it so you can concentrate on de-stressing and making time for yourself to relax and chill...I like mousie's suggestions...

take care

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, a blog is something for you to pour whatever you like out on, not for the readers entertainment.

Hope you feel better soon Ing, not much I can say really apart from that. Just be careful :) xx