Saturday, August 04, 2007

Headaches

Whether it be sinus problems, hay fever or just a really bad cold... I feel like crap.

This wasn't helped by the fact either that I've returned from work two days running with splitting headaches. Today's was so bad I came in at 18:00 and went straight to bed for three hours in an attempt to sleep it off. I've taken strides to make sure I'm not getting dehydrated with the sudden shock of better weather. However if this persists for three days running then I'm off to the docs.

Work is oh-kay, but not as enjoyable of late. Had a bit of a meeting with one of the supervisors and he politely told me that I need to up my figures. Whatever your experience or not, figures count. Target culture is gospel. It's sad really. And mighty frustrating too, just when I'm starting to really get a handle on one aspect of my job, the crime workload, something else bubbles up that you're supposed to keep in check. All these whilst providing a response service to the public and doing study NVQ work at home.

It's not hard to see now why some officers burn themselves out awfully quickly.

6 comments:

Roses said...

Oh honey, lots of hugs. Hope you're feeling better and your shift isn't too dire.

Yes, you'd better start writing out those traffic tickets. Tick those boxes, fill out that paperwork, save the world!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! xx

Carlito86 said...

Aw hope you can sleep it off. X

Inspector Monkfish said...

[Insert random bizarre "Well, this always works well for me..." headache cure here]

(For me, it's normally pain killers and a shower can often help)

What NVQ are you doing at home?

Northerner said...

Lol

Complete waste of time but we have to undertake an NVQ in policing over 2 years to get finally aproved as a constable. its a complete bloody waste of time, but we have to go it...

Anonymous said...

Look after yourself :o)
& don't burn yourself out, you can only do your best & as much as other people might want more (Bosses/government etc) it can't always be done. x