Friday, March 09, 2007

Close to the ledge

I know I haven't talked about work terribly much on this blog lately.

For those of you who have been supportive & genuinely interested, thanks guys.

Things continue to go well overall.

The worrying part is that I am beginning to come to the end of my tutorship and now worryingly close to having things signed off and then pushed close to the ledge and expected to fly solo.

I've had nine arrests in total. Unsurprisingly all of them males:

1. Criminal Damage
2. Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm
3. Drink / Drive
4. S3 Mental Health Act
5. Drink / Drive
6/7. Dishonestly obtaining electronic communications
8. Possession of a bladed weapon in a public place
9. Assault occasioning actual bodily harm

On top of that there's been tickets a 'plenty and all sorts of tedious and interesting experiences along the way.

I would have written further about things along the way, but I've been so frightfully busy that I just haven't had the time.

Sorry guys, I know you're missing out on all sorts of juicy titbits, but I'll get back in the groove when things settle down.

Eventually.

8 comments:

Inspector Monkfish said...

Did you catch this link
in the comments of the PC Bloggs post?


Shifting subject a little...

I was talking to someone the other day who sounded a little jaded in his opinion of the police.
I think of you, Ing, as a good example.

I am not at all surprised that things continue to go well overall :)

What is the S3 mental health act? I was re-playing Metal Gear Solid 2 recently, and they mention the "S3 plan" in that, but I think it's something like "Solid Snake Simulator" ;)

What is "dishonestly obtaining electronic communications" about too?

:)

Roses said...

I know Im probably being a bit dull and repeating myself, but I think you need to give yourself a bit of credit.

Since last autumn, you've been bombarded with a huge amount of information. You've been tested within an inch of your life and for 10 weeks you've been trained and assessed continuously.

Not surprising that you're a touch knackered. It seems to me that this isn't a learning curve you're on, it's actually a mountain range. Every time you've got over one hill, there's been another one waiting for you. And you haven't really had an opportunity to take stock of the distance you've travelled yet. No wonder you're a bit hesitant about the next stage.

That you've made it this far, not forgetting the difficult beginning for yourself; and that you still found the compassion to support your friends through their crises shows not only what a top bloke you are, but also what a fine policeman you will become.

Fly my pretty, fly.

Inspector Monkfish said...

I agree with Roses :)

Up until the last sentence, where she sounds a bit like a mad scientist, at any rate :)

Roses said...

*slaps Monkfish across the back of the head sharply*

Anonymous said...

Was it the "my pretty" phrase inspector monkfish?

It sounded very close to 'my precious'

Now all we need is a ring, an evil protagonist to overthrow and a bumbling sidekick.

On a more serious note, i too agree with Roses' sentiments :~)

Roses said...

*sigh*

It's obvious neither of you saw Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. There's a bit where one of the gargoyles 'encourages' the pigeons to take to the air with that line. I'm pretty sure that was filched from somewhere else, but that remains a blank, so you'll have to make do with the Disney reference.

No rings. No sidekicks. No flaming mountains I'm afraid.

Northerner said...

Thanks for the lovely compliment rose. Can't say I've seen the film, but I appreciate the sentimant.

Thanks to for monk re: the compliment that I am a good exaple of the police... Are you sure you've got the right person?

Re: your Q's, monk - S3 mental health act empowers the police to detain and transport a person with 'mental health issues' to 'a place of safety'... Dishonestly obtaining electronic comms? Basically hijacking someone's insecure wi-fi connection... a new but increasingly common crime as you no doubt know.

Pray tell who be the blog lurker? Thanks too for your kind words.

You guys rock.

Inspector Monkfish said...

"Are you sure you've got the right person?"

- Yes :)

Thanks for the other explanations too :)