Wednesday, January 03, 2007

T-minus four days...

...Until I go out on patrol with a tutor constable.

That's ten weeks of:

Real people

Real incidents


Real arrests

And

Really lots of paperwork too.

Suffice as to say am excited...

..But bricking-it at the same time.

This last week of phase-three training has been bone-gnawingly dull; learning a whole number of computer systems that we will use during our career, plus tying up various loose administrative ends.

However I suspect I will cherish such relatively slow moments in weeks to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll be fine. More than fine. You'll flourish when you're out on the Beat. All of the training will slot into place and make more sense. It'll be interesting, exciting and I suspect, sometimes challenging. You're more than able to meet this head on.

You've worked really hard to get to this point....well done!

Inspector Monkfish said...

I agree with Roses :)

Give it a month, you'll have a slow day, and we'll all hear about just how dull and boring it is, and how you would far rather have 100 things going on like only last week ;)

On a technical note...

During which week of the training did they teach you which bones you can safely gnaw during bone-gnawingly dull moments? The last time I tried it, I couldn't walk for a month. ;)

See, that's how valuable your training is! ;)

Seriously, I bet you'll love getting your teeth stuck into all that lot :)

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is Monkfish boasting?

Inspector Monkfish said...

About what!? :)

Anonymous said...

definitely boasting :)

Hi Ing - happy new year and all the best for the next bit of your training..exciting AND scary - those are the best bits!