Subjects covered in the last 10 weeks:
- Powers of Arrest/Entry, Summons, Warrants
- Decision Making
- Taking Without Consent/Aggravated
- Criminal Damage
- Criminal Attempts
- Offensive Weapons/Going Equipped
- Giving Evidence
- Witness/Suspect Interviews
- 'CSI stuff': scenes of crime, DNA, fingerprints, exhibits, preservation, impressions
- Custody Procedure/Bail
- Breach of the Peace/Public Order/Fixed-Penalty Notices
- MG Files
- Civil Disputes
- Missing Persons
- Traffic Law - Classification/Licensing/Driving whilst disqualified/Document Production/Fixed-Penalty Notices/Summons/Drink-Driving/Road Traffic Collisions/Goods Vehicles
...And that's the abridged version, there's plenty of other subjects underneath all of those headings.
No wonder my head is swimming. Now, am I waving? Am I drowning? That remains to be seen.
But it has been wildly interesting thus far. A very different view of daily life, to say the last.
On an aside, but related note. The news of these murders in Ipswich is grim indeed, but don't you find it unsettling how certain sections of the media seem almost 'excited' to have another potential serial killer on their hands? I mean, glance at any tabloid, watch the ITV evening news... The fascination is at times just as disturbing.