Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tempered with sadness

This is the bit where I usually blab on happily about the England game and stuff.

However, things like the World Cup got thrown sharply into focus this afternoon when a good friend (mentioned previously) miscarried her pregnancy.

My first instinct was to drop everything and rush right round to see her, but realised that I shouldn’t crowd her at such a fragile time. Better to leave her in the comfort of her partner – she’ll see us when she’s ready.

Great to see England win this evening, and the Swedes do well of course (Heja Sverige!) - both leaving it late in their respective games.

But sad news regarding friends & family hits you like a sledgehammer of perspective.

My new system is up & running now with all the bugs ironed out. 1.8ghz processor, 896mb ram, DVD-Rom (in case that kind of stuff turns you on). Broadband should hopefully follow later in the season when I move.

In the meanwhile I should be back on MSN Messenger, and please direct E-Mails back at ing@terra.karoo.co.uk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kool guy, sad about ya friend, i am sorry Ing.

Northerner said...

Thanks guys, I'll certainly channel it her way.