Wednesday, June 21, 2006

All systems go!

I have news.

At long last I can report that my Police career is less than a couple of months away.

Picked up a voicemail at work yesterday from the recruitment team, followed it up, and was delighted to discover that I’ve passed the final round of vetting, checks and things. Come August 7th I will be formally invited to begin training as a Police Constable.

One minor disappointment, but more than overshadowed by the sheer relief the long wait coming to an end, is that I’ve unfortunately got my second choice of posting. By that, I had previously been asked to rank three areas of the county by preference of where I would wish to serve.

All things considered though, and I did sleep on my decision, it’s no big worry anyway. I’m pretty sure I can cope anywhere (hell – my travelling experience tells me that). What’s more important is that my career and pay are about to take a quantum leap forward.

All this is a much needed breath of fresh air.

Regarding the football… Gutted we twice gave away the lead, but Owen’s agony and the 2nd half slip aside, this was a much improved performance. Cole played a blinder and Rooney’s showing signs of great improvement. If we can keep the momentum going we should be able to beat Ecuador. Again, we have the talent. More often than not, the belief seems to be lacking.

I can certainly identify with that at times.

1 comment:

Northerner said...

Thanks! By god it's been a long time coming. I have at least demonstrated I possess new levels of patience I never knew were there before!