Monday, October 29, 2007

One day in the calendar

I don’t know where in my old age it started but Christmas lost its sparkle and mystery somewhere along the way.

Why is it each year that collectively we seem to loose all sense, spend such insane amounts of money, get far too emotional and over-indulgent, before swearing that we’ll not do it again next year.

It’s October.

And we’ve got weeks and weeks of this overkill still to go.

It’s only one day in the calendar for god sakes.

Be merry people; but keep your heads whilst all around you are losing theirs.

(With thanks to Kipling)

1 comment:

SandDancer said...

I was going to say 'tell me about it' too!

My sister is sending me aggressive text messages about having to decide what I want for Christmas because she has normally finished her shopping by now. The pressure is hardly in the Christmas spirit.