Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back to life, back to reality

In an act of unusual financial recklesness i went and bought an X-Box 360 this afternoon; the 'killer app' that is Halo 3 has worn down all my reserves of willpower and I've surrendered to the teenager within me. Well hey, it's the autumn, the nights are drawing in. See, that's a good reason too, don't you think?

And it's back to a sort of normality tomorrow. As in the start of a another set of shifts back at my usual station, not the relxed small-town outpost I've been enjoying for the last few weeks on a community attachment.

So it's goodbye to...

Numerous cups of tea
Foot patrol
Finishing on time (for the most)
Hanging out with the PCSO's
Having proper conversations with the public
Wondering "Well how shall I fill the last few hours?"
Updating my pocket notebook in-situ
Attending a number of incidents along the line of "Report of 6-8 juvaniles causing a nuisance...."

And it's back to...

Attemptingtoinvestigatecrimeatthesametimesasattendingincomingincidentsandallocatedincidents andissuingfixedpenaltytickets [*pause for breath*]
Quick barked conversations with the public; trying not to be rude whilst edging out the door to the next job
Deciding whether it's worth taking the formal break today or ploughing on to the next
Going to one end of the sector for a job before being called to the opposite side for something urgent
Realising I haven't eaten all day
Always having one ear on the radio
Thinking I should have been off over an hour ago
Finding new and original ways to write up quite why I couldn't make it to an allocated job

In a perverse wasy, I've kinda' missed the latter.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm due at court tomorrow...

No comments: