Friday, July 27, 2007

Stealth Mode

Most of last night's shift was spent in an unmarked car, much to the delight of the general public.

We'd drift through some part of the town centre, spot some general nuisance, hop out and say "Excuse me", often met by a stunned responce of "Where'd you come from?!" followed by swift apologies.

The other part of the evening was spent doing some subtle obs in a location . Like a stakeout, just ten times more dull than you see in the movies. So we drive down this back road, park outside a member-of-the-public's house (unrelated) to get observations on this particular stretch. Several minutes later MOP comes out of his house, looks at us a little concerned, and goes back in.

"Ah, I suppose we better reassure him." I suggest to my colleague, and quikly hop out to have a word with him.

"Hello there sir. It's the police. We're doing some observations in this area, but I'm afraid I can't really tell what you we're doing."

"Ah right, that's lucky, I was just about to call you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goin to see Maximo Park in october

Anonymous said...

Oooops, red cheeks if you hadn't explained! Lol

Oh, & Laura from Scott Mills show getting the electric shock treatment? Watch & wait.... :o) It is very very funny.