Friday, June 22, 2007

Everything Zen

I've got a week's 'protected learning' back at the training unit which has been, to be frank, spectacularly dull. It has however been lifted by seeing all of my training colleagues again. What his me especially this evening is how these people, over time, unexpectedly became friends, as well as colleagues. Not what I would have expected when we first started out; such a disparate bunch.

We've come a long way.

So tonight was a nice chilled Chinese buffet with a bunch of them and a few drinkies.

What's chilling me out even more though is the prospect of...

*gasp*

Time off.

No wonder I've been feeling so stressed at times, I realised only the other day that I've been pretty much working solid since January the 8th!

Days off here & there, but not a proper week-or-so solid break.

Just tomorrow to go, then it's off until July 2nd!

Even more exciting, I'm off travelling again.

Only a shift hop this time, but girlfriend & I are going on a city break to Dublin next week for four days.

Not a moment too soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dublin, oh you lucky person. I've a good mind to stow away in your suit case! Hahaha
Sounds like a very well deserved break, enjoy it :o)

As for catching up with people you trained with etc, it is very strange how you become friends with people, that on first sight, you absolutely cannot imagine having anything in common with, until you get to know them then you realise appearances can be very deceptive indeed sometimes.

Inspector Monkfish said...

I had a conversation just this very lunchtime about it not being about interests.

It's about who people are.

That's what I reckon :)

I think Ireland seems pretty cool :) You'll have to let us know :)

Have a great time! :)

July 2nd sounds like AAAAAGES :) *jealous* :)

(hehe, verification is eoopps)

Inspector Monkfish said...

PS. I assume that's Dublin, Ireland rather than Dublin, China ;)

Still, who'd have thought... At least you can say Will Smith commented on your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

As Insp M says July 2nd sounds like ages away....Have a fabby time in Dublin - Been there a few times and always really really enjoyed it.

If you've not been before you must see the book of kells in trinity college - amazing....

Also recommend Salamanca tapas bar - it's right in the centre near the tourist office off wicklow street and the food is absolutely delicious...

Carlito86 said...

Im with GND - lets stow away in his case! Im thinking of going there for my 21st so you must blog on how it goes, whether you recommend it!

Katy Swift said...

NM is right The book of Kells is stunnig and Temple bar is obvious but always good fun for a pint. They also do literary pub crawls in the evening, taking you around the city and talking about writers who have spent time in Dublin aswell as stopping in a few pubs along the way ;~).

Have fun

Anonymous said...

I don't mind you guys stowing away in the suitcase (which will be mine because the bf is a proper traveller and only uses back packs). But you get your own rooms at the hostel and the first round is yours at the Temple Bar.

:-)

My word verification for today is: khann