Friday, June 01, 2007

Best man for the job?

So on this set of rest days I did a bit of a round-trip to see my brother down south, back via the girlfriend.

My brother specifically I hadn’t seen for a good few months now and I made a real effort to drive the few hundred miles to see him as he’s going abroad.

With work.

In a few weeks.

To sunny Helmand province.

Afghanistan.

Hence the special effort, to see him before he goes.

Over breakfast my brother asked me if I would like to be his best man, which was a real surprise and honour. Last time round he chose one of his friends, and to be honest I was absolutely fine with that. Honoured I am, ah yes, but there is responsibility.

Even though it won’t be until next April, I’m a little intimidated by getting up and speaking in front of a few hundred people; taking a fine line between humour and ceremony.

However there are the fun parts. I get an active party in planning his ‘stag’ do.

Adventure sports?

Strippers?

Adventure sports with strippers?

Thankfully I’ve got plenty of time.

But at the rate this year is going…

No comments: