Monday, April 24, 2006

Joyous & poignant

Saturday was of course dominated by Rebecca's wedding, all of which passed without a hitch. Although cool overcast weather had been forecast, miraculously the clouds burned away by the time she exited the church a married woman. Reception and evening do were also great fun, the disco straying just the right side of cheesy.

Given enough alcohol, yes I do dance.

Definitely agree with what I was saying before too - weddings are weddings, but when it's a close friend or family member tying the knot it really is a joyous and somewhat poignant occasion. Oh, and also the Police-conversation thing I was mentioning...

Sunday I'd been invited along with the circle of friends to a sort of follow-up 'gathering' round at Becky's parents to chill for a bit and munch yet more finger-food before seeing them off on their honeymoon (complete with cans tied to the back of their car courtesy of her mischievous brother). Hung around with the friends for the rest of the day to chat, reminisce and play board games. I even cleaned up at Monopoly for a change (see, when you stop trying so hard things happen). A pub meal and drinks outside at sunset rounded-off a wonderful weekend.

I breezed into work this morning with a smile on my face and a mood as light as the air itself.

That lasted precisely an hour I think.

Ah well.

Later on this morning the strap on my pendant broke. Luckily I didn't lose it, but I've been wearing that thing for over ten years now and had only replaced the 'thong' recently.

I hope that's not a omen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much alcohol...and what sort of dance?...hahahaha...bad hanni

Northerner said...

Suffice as to say, I drunk like I hadn't done before, and danced like nobody was looking.