Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 Random Things

Another one of those meme things...
  1. I'm an avid Guardian reader.
  2. I can happily devour an entire packet of biscuits in one sitting.
  3. Deep-down, even at my lowest ebb, I'm still an optimist.
  4. I have a love for dance/electronic music, but my tastes are otherwise broad; rock to classical, hip-hop to indie.
  5. I'm 6'3".
  6. At the last count, I have visited 22 countries and rising... Travel is one of my great passions in life.
  7. Following a friends' recommendation I am currently a massive fan of 'The Shield' and secretly wish policing was a little more like that sometime.
  8. All the women I've had relationships with were born outside the UK.
  9. I drive too fast.
  10. I enter a ridiculous number of competitions. Someones got to win, surely?
  11. I'm intrigued by religion but am still an agnostic.
  12. Bad manners infuriate me - when you hold a door open for someone and they don't say thanks...
  13. I'm a bit of a romantic, really.
  14. Though I don't read as much as I used to, I've always got a book on the go.
  15. I think I'm starting to develop insomnia.
  16. Unusual for a bloke; but I love cats.
  17. I'm typing this to avoid packing. I move house on the 19th of this month.
  18. Before becoming a copper I worked as a bookseller, and prior to that for a small environmental charity in The New Forest.
  19. I'm a terrible, but slowly improving cook.
  20. When I get some more money through I would like to get a decent digital SLR camera and become a better photographer.
  21. I cannot function properly without a morning coffee.
  22. I long to be a father. Eventually.
  23. My heroes include Moby, Neil Armstrong, David Attenborough, Captain Scott and Ellen MacArthur.
  24. I have a strange fascination with cold places, particularly The Antarctic.
  25. I can still speak (rustily) fluent Swedish.

6 comments:

Roses said...

You've then been in your element over the last few days then? :-)

Anonymous said...

Er den köld nog för du här i England!?

Hanni

SandDancer said...

I'm with you on 1, 10 and 11.

Number 7 - I have a love-hate relationship with it. I watch it but always shout at the television.

I thought 19 applied to me but recently I seem to have taken a step backwards (a particularly bad couscous dish).

I too want to do 20.

Anonymous said...

I recognise 21...*goes away to add up how many counties I've visited*...

Anonymous said...

crikey... I have just read/raced through a couple of your last entries and couldn't believe the similarity of our mindset. Even your list of 25 matches almost exactly.
Too bad you stopped blogging but I'm planning to read your older posts.

Anonymous said...

You would be surprised at how many cat lovers are male, and as for #10, i am the complete opposite, i figure- there's too many ppl entering, there's now way i'm going to win. lol. maybe i should start thinking like you...