Sunday, April 27, 2008

It never just rains...

Well April jut gets better.

No sooner do I get my car back…

Return from my uncle’s funeral…

Than my father falls ill with an irregular heartbeat and gets rushed into A&E.

Problem is that we were visiting girlfriend at the time down in Norfolk.

He’s been admitted to hospital here…

But I’m due on shift at 07:00 tomorrow, some 50+ miles away.

Girlfriend has to head down to London for a work course.

Essentially, Dad potentially may be kept for another night in an unfamiliar county.

Picking him up and visiting him may be over a 100-mile trip.

And rumours are that visiting hours are heavily restricted at this place due to a MRSA-type-outbreak.

Wonderful.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad - I hope he's doing better now.

The MRSA thing is a bit scary, you need to make sure that anyone going near him is washing their hands before touching him and make sure you and your family hav all got some of that anti-bacterial hand gel stuff, just to be on the safe side.

If there's anything I can do to help let me know. Sending good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

oh Hon let me know if there is any help I can give. Ditto on beths info. Much good juju

Courtney