Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Only forward

Something strange is happening to me.

I've got some motivation again.

Coping with work is one thing, but returning home to the lure of a comfy sofa, idly browsing Facebook or submitting to a multitude of other distractions, means that more often than not the spare time evaporates and next thing I know it's time to crawl into bed.

Fed up with this seemingly endless blurred sprawl of spare time with little or no achievement, I've resolved to start running again, and more importantly to get my work-related study back up to speed.

Funny thing is, like a lot of things it's the getting started that's the hard thing. Once you get the ball rolling, approaching the repetitive task you previously dreaded can seem like a breeze. Hell, I spent long enough trying to get things moving, on a whole number of fronts.

Though I've repeatedly burnt myself out since I changed careers, and I probably needed that idle spare time after all. But now that I'm coping well with work (so I believe) I have little excuse to procrastinate further over neglected duties of body and mind.

No comments: