Sunday, January 11, 2009

10 things I'll miss, when I move

  1. The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight regularly flying over the house
  2. A 24-hour Tesco, a mere five minutes down the road (perfect for us shift-workers)
  3. Items in the kitchen staying remarkably fresh beyond their sell-by date (the kitchen really is that cold, it's like a walk-in fridge)
  4. Living at the edge of a large tract of woodland
  5. The wildlife
  6. Having a garden
  7. Being a mere 90-minutes from friends & family in Yorkshire (though I recently discovered it can be done in 75...)
  8. Genuinely friendly neighbours
  9. The anonymity of living over 25 miles away from where I patrol
  10. The frankly excellent local 'Chippy

3 comments:

Roses said...

I'm not sure quite why you had the fridge...I suspect it was to stop things freezing.

:-)

I'll miss the chippy. Definitely.

Annette said...

There are always arguments for staying but from what you have said it sounds like you need a change.
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Moving away from a good chippy must be awful. Our local is the best one for miles and I just can't imagine going somewhere else.

Change is good though!