Thursday, April 05, 2007

I guess I don't talk about work that much

But thing is, I come back following a shift and am absolutely shattered.

Take this evening for instance, just rolled in after a 11-hours shift (add 35 mins travelling time either side). The only reason I'm typing this is because I'm patiently waiting for the pizza to cook in the oven.

And the other thing is; following such long and often incredibly busy shifts (often sans break, sans refreshment) I'm quite happy to get back home, shut the door and put work clear out of my mind. I'm in awe of officers like PC Bloggs who pretty much live and breathe the job even out of work.

I'm not posting to whinge, just explaining the lack of excited work-related posts these days.

The novelty of this job has finally worn off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine, as with everything else in life, the job will have its seasons.
I am glad to hear inside views on a career that i otherwise would not get inside peeks into. It gives me a deeper appreciation of what you do, the energy it takes and the true cost involved.

Much more than a job...

thank you Ing, i really appreciate you!

Inspector Monkfish said...

I agree! :)

(Hah! Although I bet poor Ing is going to struggle to figure out what I agree with as I'm a little late to comment :) )

I never have any idea where my time goes, and my days aren't half as long (well, they are half as long... well, more than, erm, anyway), or half as much work (hmmm, perhaps half is right on that one ;) )... I can't remember what my point was now, but I'm sure it was a good one :)